Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arizona Landscaping

This is my first blog ever. I am going to attempt to write about landscaping in Arizona, particularly Phoenix and sourrounding areas. I came to Arizona about 5 years ago and we have learned a lot about how unique it is to landscape here. The climate if very different from virtually everywhere else and the landscape design options in Arizona are endless. You can create a yard completely xeriscaped with cactus, rock, and desert plant material or you can go tropical and create an island paradise. When I used to think of xeriscape, I thought of drab and plain. It is amazing to see the different types of yards that can be created with desert adapted material. Unfortunately, for us there is a drought and we need to consider this when choosing our landscape design. I plan on posting articles about xeriscaping and how to mix and match plants and design. I also plan on posting articles about your lawn with tips on how to water it wisely and make our yard look beautiful. Check back often for new tips and tricks to your Arizona Landscape. Also, check out our website www.landscapearizona.com.

No comments: